Forum

Forum - DatingScript

Online dating software

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-17 14:00:40

matrimo

How to add new field - Look for someone: between x and y years old.

Adding new field - Look for someone between x and y years old.

I would like to add new field in registration and public pages.

" Look for someone between x and y years old. "

This field exists allready on Third step on signup form, used by Matchmaking Plugins.

Experience speaks. When guests visit profiles, people want to see what age user is looking for, ass well.

Thank you.

#2 2015-01-17 14:24:51

orange_slice

Re: How to add new field - Look for someone: between x and y years old.

It seems we already can do it, but I never tested it.
Create a new field e.g. "looking age range", set it as "drop down box", add each item from 18 to 90, choose where you want to display this field (e.g. public page, edit page, browse page, etc...) and set "Search range" as search options.

#3 2015-01-17 15:57:18

matrimo

Thank you orange_slice, but it does not works. if you do as you sugges, on edit profile you can choice a single age value. The second do not display .

If you choice 19 for example and save the form..... on Search form you look for someone between 18 and 20, your profiles who set it on 19 will be on the results list.

As I asked before, the main data from the 3rd step of signup page (matchmaker) should display on public page. It is usefull for all users and for google too.
If this is not possible, looking age range it is a must on the public pages of the dating sites.

#4 2015-01-24 13:20:22

matrimo

Anyone has a sollution to my question please ?

#5 2015-01-24 14:20:41

jackal

This has been around for years and tons of dating site have it and we should too.

But a quick fix would be a drop-down box field that is set to appear on profile page as well as in the search page (i have it on vldp and it works)

Interested in someone between
21 - 25
21 - 30
21 - 35
21 - 40
etc...
it works on the search page as well

#6 2015-01-24 16:15:51

matrimo

Thank you. I used this on VLD too, as check boxex, but i belive now that the way it is used on signup page in "Who I am looking for" (any age range), it is better then a drop down box or a check box feature.

Maybe someone find a sollution to show on public profile page , all the completed fields from "Who I am looking for" page, like this users do not have to fill same informations twice.

#7 2015-02-05 17:15:50

matrimo

Up..... I pray for this item will be added on the next update.

Last edited by matrimo (2015-02-05 17:16:08)

#8 2018-04-23 11:16:19

matrimo

+10

#9 2019-02-09 05:00:18

Boxerke

This still isn't possible, my users are asking for it.... Should be standard on every datingsite

#10 2019-02-09 21:26:24

rdog

You have been able to do this for awhile now,  just set up the Min. Max age in the Birthday profile question and turn it on in Search or Advanced search or both

#11 2019-02-10 01:01:03

matrimo

@rdog

I was meaning about a a New profile field, a information who show up on every profile, as you can see on matrimo.com

Example: "John from Chicago.... The age I'm looking for:  From 23 To 32 years old."

Now the informations are extracted from matchmaker table, if the user fill them.

Board footer