Forum

Forum - DatingScript

Online dating software

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-12 14:31:49

samirosanna

spammer

kindly is there anything we can do with these spammers?
we all talk about functionality and we forgot security,I talked about it some time ago and nobody answered me
not a good thing that my users receive e-mail messages of this type

Cattura.png

#2 2019-06-12 14:57:05

moomoocow

Re: spammer

Do you make them verify their emails?

#3 2019-06-12 15:05:15

zoltar

moomoocow wrote:

sorry that doesn't work
there's nothing you can do just take there email and in cp block there email address
and delete  (know they will come back but do it again and again until the get bored and go)

#4 2019-06-12 15:08:10

samirosanna

moomoocow wrote:

All emails are verified

#5 2019-06-12 15:11:39

samirosanna

this type of spammers use senUke and other programs and deathcaptcha that does pass the captcha of Google And verify verification links
The best thing instead of the verification link must be a code that the user puts to verify

Last edited by samirosanna (2019-06-12 15:14:48)

#6 2019-06-13 08:53:45

samirosanna

as usual, no one answers
however, I deactivated Enable email notifications

last update
other spammers today
I woke up and found a lot of messages sent

example message:

hello dear contact us via @ email.com
dear hi via contact us @ email.com

so away they deceive the old and useless control of the messages

#7 2019-06-29 13:08:07

Monkee

I had a problem with a particular spammer.  At night when I couldn't monitor the site I made the site manual user verification (users>setting>registration>manual user verification).  They then didn't have access to the site until I approved them.  I worried this would put off genuine users but I would approve them as soon as possible in the morning and send the automated email so they then knew they could log in.  It didn't seem to put them off so long as they were notified.  During the day I would disable the manual user verification setting but I set up a separate email account for just email notifications of new users.  As soon as a notification came in my phone would ping and  I could check it and then cancel if necessary.  I'm pretty good now at telling if they are a scammer just by their username!  It took a few weeks but she did give up in the end because she wasn't getting anywhere.  Once the account is cancelled I unverify them and don't delete their details for ages so it makes them harder to join using the same email address.  Lastly when I do delete them totally I add their email address to my suppression list on my SparkPost account.  I found banning the IP did nothing.  Hope this helps. M

#8 2019-06-29 13:15:08

radioact
Staff

Great tips, thanks Monkee

#9 2019-07-01 05:18:22

Par

Ok, if you get it ones, but if you recognise it as a spam, why not block the IP?

#10 2019-07-21 11:45:34

Monkee

Par, because they seem to have multiple IP's or just change the IP when they can't access the site.  I'm no expert but I think it's pretty easy to change an IP address.

#11 2019-07-22 08:52:45

rdog

If they seem to be coming from one country, block the IP's for that country in htaccess, if it's a country your not doing business in

Last edited by rdog (2019-07-22 08:53:52)

#12 2019-07-24 05:13:31

Monkee

I find nearly all my spammers come from countries that I do business in so unfortunately I cannot block the country IP.

#13 2019-07-24 18:03:17

rdog

It seems that with the original poster the spammers are using the same message, make it so that they can only send a small amount of messages over a period of time and set it that the system checks the message so that they can't send the same one over and over in the message plugin. it makes it a lot harder for them, they won't want to change the message every time they post. they'll just get the spam error message.

#14 2019-07-24 23:17:21

samirosanna

rdog wrote:

It seems that with the original poster the spammers are using the same message, make it so that they can only send a small amount of messages over a period of time and set it that the system checks the message so that they can't send the same one over and over in the message plugin. it makes it a lot harder for them, they won't want to change the message every time they post. they'll just get the spam error message.

I don't know how they do it but the messages change
example:  hi i'm maria i have 20 years this my email xxx@xx.com

maria I am 20 years old my email xxx@xx.com

have a program that generates messages

so the plugin we have for messages doesn't work simple because the messages change

every 3 messages are generated

Last edited by samirosanna (2019-07-24 23:25:35)

#15 2019-07-24 23:22:33

samirosanna

the only way to block spammers and instead of google's captcha put a captcha that works as a question and answer

example as if calling the capital of france

or the numbers 9 + 90 when they do?

#16 2019-08-14 13:52:09

samirosanna

spammers managed to fool me again,they used an ip from my country and I activated the account (because I activate the manual account after they have activated their email but all this was not enough they sent 2000 emails from my site sad  didn't serve, google RECAPTCHA to protect my site or activate account manual or activate email we need a tactic here we have to fight once and for all

who agrees with me, to make our sites safer?

Last edited by samirosanna (2019-08-14 13:54:44)

#17 2019-08-14 17:17:37

rdog

Just make it so they can't send out more than a few messages in a 24 hour period, I only allow 5 message every 24 hours for free members. That way you won't get 2000 messages and you can delete the few they placed, and then ban them.

Last edited by rdog (2019-08-14 17:20:41)

#18 Yesterday 08:32:48

Monkee

I agree with rdog, limit the number of messages they can send in a given period of time.  cp>users>groups>permissions>messages.  Then you can delete them.  They soon get fed up if they are not getting anywhere and move onto something else, time is money to them and if it's not paying them to use your site they will leave.

#19 Yesterday 09:01:08

samirosanna

thank you so much friends for your support,  I will do it this way, even if the truth this tactic will demean traffic

Last edited by samirosanna (Yesterday 09:01:56)

#20 Yesterday 09:10:39

samirosanna

spammers are smarter this an example of a username that janet2loveu use

they use IP from the USA and Japan and senigal now I do not accept more ip than only ip from my morocco country let's see how they now have an ip from morocco: D is difficult

#21 Yesterday 11:15:01

rdog

You can always go into .htaccess and block countries IP's

#22 Yesterday 11:17:51

rdog

samirosanna wrote:

thank you so much friends for your support,  I will do it this way, even if the truth this tactic will demean traffic

Really it doesn't hurt traffic, if you have a paid site it will give you more paid members if you allow the paid members to be free of the message restrictions, spammers aren't going to pay so you don't have to worry about them.

Board footer