Forum

Forum - DatingScript

Online dating software

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-30 21:44:03

3urt0

Best Dating Script

I just want to say as the newest purchaser of DS that I am very impressed with it. Firstly the support received has been very good but most of all the actual script itself is leaps and bounds better than anything else.

Firstly a little about what I have been through.

Over the years I have used the old eMeeting (now Advandate) script and been building a member database and learning PHP ect developing the script. I wanted to move to something new with better support and a community and this is what led me to Skadate. Although Skadate ticked the box of having a community the software itself was absolute rubbish. It is build on top of oxwall so before you even look at the development of their script you are running another entire script underneath it. It was server hungry and to make things worse to get any real use from it required you to buy more plugins from random developers. This also meant you were at the mercy of these developers to update their plugins. I spent a lot of money to get set up with Skadate and the only positive thing I will say is the timeline feature my users loved it.

So then I went back to Advandate and purchased a new license with them to get the latest version of their software. They told me v13 was coming out soon so i purchased it expecting to set up a white label site and seperate sites working off my main database using the WLD feature of the older software. Well when v13 came out they had removed the white label feature because it obviously saved the new owners from doing the extra work to make it work with the newer versions of the software. I checked out the software to find it was just the same old eMeeting script. A year later and they still had not updated the white label add on so I gave up and went to PG Dating Pro. I should also mention they did not like me asking when they would update it and found myself blocked from even being able to login to their support.

PG Dating Pro are like used car salesmen. They talk the talk and the demo i found limited ( I could not even scroll down the page to explore and use things like messaging ect) but I thought hey this looks like just what I am looking for. It was slow but I expected this was because each demo is custom for each person so was probably not asigned much server resources. I purchased the cheapest option they had so i could get a copy installed on my server and check out the database structure. Well I was extremely upset with my choice to purchase it. It was SLOW and i mean SLOW not to mention I found bugs straight up after installing it. The biggest for me was when i went to test messaging between a couple of fake users i set up .. on IOS the send message button does not even work. With over 50% of mobile users i just dumped PG Dating Pro straight away.

I went back to google doing some research and that landed me here at DatingScript.com. I spent a weekend looking over this forum and exploring the front end and admin demo and really liked what I saw. Options that I had already developed into my site and also options that I was planning to develop into my site. I thought these guys know what they are doing. The script is not bloated with stupid features trying to do everyhting (it is after all a dating script) so i took the plunge purchased it.

While I have not merged my site to DS script I am still in the stage of exploring the customisation of the script and database import and I have to say I very happy where i am now. A good script with good support and best of all an active developer community. I find the script to be built well. Being built specifically for its purpose it is not just a script slapped on top of some other software. Dating Script is clearly built from the ground up. No extra fat included.

Thank you DatingScript.

#2 2019-08-30 21:47:56

3urt0

Re: Best Dating Script

Oh and I should also point out that DatingPro has NO CLIENT OR MEMBERS AREA.
After purchasing I asked them where is the members are for me to login? They kept trying to tell me the admin for the script on my own server. You have to contact them to "request" a copy of the software be given to you if you ever want to download it again. This was a big red flag to me.

#3 2019-08-31 03:37:36

gibilisco

Thank you for your reviews.

#4 2019-08-31 05:13:23

moomoocow

Agreed.. DS is by far the best dating script..  I am a big fan.

#5 2019-08-31 09:30:24

3urt0

I am just angry... angry I didn’t find dating script years ago hmm

Last edited by 3urt0 (2019-08-31 09:31:24)

#6 2019-09-02 04:22:54

edendom

Thank you for your feedback about other scripts also if someone doubt I think they will stay on DS wink

Board footer