Forum - DatingScript

Online dating software

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-04 08:00:28

petka11

A problem with PayPal

Hello

Every time i try to make a trial payment to my site i have the same error:
We're sorry, but your MasterCard x-1234 was declined. You can complete your purchase with the payment method you selected, or choose another way to pay."

I have tried multiple cards, friends tried to make the payment for me with working paypal accounts - but it always the same.

Talked to paypal techsupport - they say everything is ok with my account..

I set up the gateway with API's like in the tuttorial, but still keep getting this problem.

Someone have any idea where is the problem?

#2 2018-11-04 08:17:52

matrimo

Re: A problem with PayPal

Check if your development mode is off in /cp and in index.php ?
Check if live payment works, then you can refund your own payment without fees.

#3 2018-11-04 08:34:47

petka11

Update - now, after 3rd time talking to them - they say that a Dating site is an Adult site, so it has to get a special premmision from PayPal .. XD

#4 2018-11-04 08:41:04

matrimo

If you have adult content, you will not be accepted. If your site is clean and offers a real service, they will accept you. What is your site name ?

#5 2018-11-13 07:50:09

petka11

Update - so Paypal says they accepted me, but Visa / Mastercard are declining payments ...
Tried using my private paypal account as gateway (the buisness type isn't "Dating services" there) - the payment went well..

Edit:
And my site isnt for public, it's for some comunity

Last edited by petka11 (2018-11-13 07:51:18)

#6 2019-09-11 12:26:47

rdog

You can't use your own credit card, if you're the owner you can't use a card that is registered in your name. it's for fraud prevention. you have to use a card that is not registered to you.

Board footer