Forum

Forum - DatingScript

Online dating software

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-08 12:05:40

SuperZen

Edit subscription plan - retroactive effect ?

If I change a subscription plan (to make it longer or shorter or to change the pirce) does it have a retroactive effect on members who paid in the past ?
Like their time left changes... ?
Or is their subscription left intact as it was ?
What happens if I eliminate a plan that people paid in the past and are currently using ?

#2 2020-02-08 19:25:29

rdog

Re: Edit subscription plan - retroactive effect ?

It won't let you delete a plan that  people are in, there has to be no one in that plan for you to delete it. you should change plans, just make new ones, and don't let people join the old plans,  people won't like it if you try to change what they already agree to.

#3 2020-02-08 20:04:27

SuperZen

Thanks. So, you recommend creating new plans and keeping the old plans intact but not making them "active" (so people cannot see them or join them) ?

#4 2020-02-09 02:37:20

moomoocow

RDog.. have are you getting on with the CCBill situation my brother?

#5 2020-02-09 05:30:12

3urt0

agree with rdog you do not want to change what people have paid or subscribed to that will just lead to a poor user experience. Retire your old plans by making them not "active" and create new plans to suit your needs. smile

#6 2020-02-09 11:39:02

SuperZen

If I retire a plan by making it not "active", will the users that had already paid for it keep their usual access for the usual duration ?
I want the smoothest transition, indeed. smile

Last edited by SuperZen (2020-02-09 11:41:09)

#7 2020-02-09 20:06:42

3urt0

SuperZen wrote:

If I retire a plan by making it not "active", will the users that had already paid for it keep their usual access for the usual duration ?
I want the smoothest transition, indeed. smile

Yes they will keep the current duration. By making it not "active" you are just making it NOT show on the plans page for people to select from.  smile

#8 2020-02-10 00:23:16

rdog

As far as the CCBill situation, it's a little more going on than I thought, the problem is getting invalid security hash on the webhook postback, but that's because  the formdigest that comes back doesn't match on the verification, I thought we were passing the data to the flexform but it's going to take a rework of the "public function getPaymentForm" section of the CCBILL plugin, CCBILL has a JavaScript that they use as a example that we may use, or just use php to create a url string, whatever the developer find that works best, so I got a developer to look into it but it going to be a little pricey. so he said he should be done in three weeks maybe. If anyone else has something in work that's relatively inexpensive let me know.

Last edited by rdog (2020-02-10 00:24:06)

#9 2020-02-10 20:38:16

SuperZen

3urt0 wrote:

Yes they will keep the current duration. By making it not "active" you are just making it NOT show on the plans page for people to select from.  smile

Thank you very much for the confirmation! I was hesitant to risk it before.

#10 2020-02-11 00:50:38

3urt0

SuperZen wrote:
3urt0 wrote:

Thank you very much for the confirmation! I was hesitant to risk it before.

That is ok might I make a suggestion. Something I have always done is had a "development" version of my sites running. I run mine always from a dev. subdomain. The advantages to this is you can play around and test things without directly affecting active users. You just have to remember to keep them a mirror image. For example if you have edited x, y and z files then make a note of it, once the customisation your doing your happy with take those files and replace onto your live site and test. (Always backup the files from your live site before replacing) just in case.

Board footer