Forum

Forum - DatingScript

Online dating software

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-02-14 07:32:56

Nick77

Announcement

Greetings Datingscript Patrons,

Hello from Digital Product Labs, Inc and we just acquired Dating Script.  We've experience of developing online dating software and currently running ventures like  Dating App Script, WPDating.

We can definitely understand your confusion and concern around what may be happening with Dating Script in the future.

We would like to assure our loyal patrons that Dating Script will continue to run as an independent dating software. We will improve the product with many features which will propel your dating business even further.

In the future development, we will need help from you all, your feedback will help us to prioritize the future development of this product. 
Stay connected and if you have any problems or any queries, feel free to contact us https://www.datingscript.com/contact.

Thank you for your support!!

#2 2020-02-14 10:51:31

e7lew

Re: Announcement

great news, good luck

#3 2020-02-14 11:48:42

lisboeta

e7lew wrote:

great news, good luck

+1

#4 2020-02-14 14:07:53

booster34500

+1

#5 2020-02-14 16:05:20

jackal

Questions Nick77
Since DS has encrypted files can you tell us what would happen if the server that monitors all the DS sites go down? Will our DS sites stop working?

In the past, my site when down for a few days and come to find out it was the DS firewall that had blocked one of my IP addresses (for no reason).

Thanks

#6 2020-02-15 09:58:52

moomoocow

jackal wrote:

Questions Nick77
Since DS has encrypted files can you tell us what would happen if the server that monitors all the DS sites go down? Will our DS sites stop working?

In the past, my site when down for a few days and come to find out it was the DS firewall that had blocked one of my IP addresses (for no reason).

Thanks

+1

#7 2020-02-16 05:48:23

3urt0

jackal wrote:

Questions Nick77

Thanks

+1

#8 2020-02-16 13:01:42

RIckter

+1 x 10

#9 2020-02-16 19:22:49

jackal

Bump

jackal wrote:

Questions Nick77

Thanks

#10 2020-02-18 02:07:14

Nick77

Hi,

Actually, There's a grace period of 5 days if the server is down. After that, a license error will be displayed. The customers will then need to resolve any connection issues, the datingscript.com server obviously needs to be up.

But the Client accounts and licenses never get canceled in the DatingScript client area.

Thank you,

Last edited by Nick77 (2020-02-25 05:00:17)

#11 2020-02-18 17:17:37

user1

Can somebody help me out in layman's terms. If I understand correctly our websites have to shake hands with the dating script server everyday to be sure the license is active for the website it is registered to?

So theoretically... in ten years the businesses I've/we've built from this paid software can be taken offline due to a hosting malfunction on the datingscript servers? That is a little unsettling.

Is this correct? And is this common practice with software companies?

I did ask this question and this is the response from support "The software will be available to you for as long as you like regardless of what happens with the company. You may use it for as long as you like."

This contradicts what Nick said above?

Thanks everyone.

#12 2020-02-18 21:04:20

Marcio

in my understanding, if the company decides to close, it can release a version of the script that does not need to check the license. But it depends on whether the company cares about its customers or not.

#13 2020-02-18 22:12:45

rdog

The real reason for the license check is so that you can't have more websites than what you paid for, that means if you don't have the unlimited license you can't create multiple websites, if they when with just letting you have it so that it's not checking the IP of each website you can place as many as you like, which means the people that have the multiple license end up paying extra for nothing since everyone can have multiple sites with one license since it's no longer checked, they would have to send a update with the new license server info then they can have that anywhere, seems the new owner would just take possession of the server and leave intact, it would really be a very low cost thing for them to do and maintain,  and also to keep people from using a bootleg script, this keeps people without a license from creating a website and using the script since their IP will not be in the valid license holders database the site they create won't work,  updates are tracked using your account and if you paid for them.

Last edited by rdog (2020-02-18 22:18:17)

#14 2020-02-19 09:17:09

user1

Thanks makes sense. I've always wondered why we need licenses for software purchased. Does anyone know if wordpress theme and plugin developers use the same licensing system?

Seems the only way around your website not being shut down by an external server error is to have your own proprietary software or license free software.

#15 2020-02-19 12:27:32

jackal

Nick77 wrote:

Hi, Actually, There's a grace period of 5 days if the server is down. After that, a license error will be displayed. The customers will then need to resolve any connection issues, the datingscript.com server obviously needs to be up.Thank you,

Thanks for your reply Nick77

My understanding (from Vlad) was: DS server only check the license for 2 reasons.
1. When installing the script.
2. When updating the script.

In other words, as long as you're not updating your site it would stay running forever, no matter what. But according to you, we were misinformed?

Hard to believe anyone would buy the script if they knew it relying daily on the DS server to work.

Thank you

Last edited by jackal (2020-02-19 12:47:17)

#16 2020-02-19 14:25:30

e7lew

How many files are encrypted and where are they located?

#17 2020-02-19 14:39:29

rdog

jackal wrote:
Nick77 wrote:

Hi, Actually, There's a grace period of 5 days if the server is down. After that, a license error will be displayed. The customers will then need to resolve any connection issues, the datingscript.com server obviously needs to be up.Thank you,

Thanks for your reply Nick77

My understanding (from Vlad) was: DS server only check the license for 2 reasons.
1. When installing the script.
2. When updating the script.

In other words, as long as you're not updating your site it would stay running forever, no matter what. But according to you, we were misinformed?

Hard to believe anyone would buy the script if they knew it relying daily on the DS server to work.

Thank you

It's what Vlad said, I had a problem once right after a update, where it had a issue with my IP, but was resolved quickly, if it was something that was being checked every five days all my sites would of when down at the same time, which didn't happen.

#18 2020-02-19 18:01:22

hamjo

I can no longer log in to my site, the license should no longer be valid.

my account on datingscript.com no longer exists.

I can no longer administer my site. no help or answer from support for 3 days :-(

#19 2020-02-20 05:15:45

rdog

hamjo wrote:

I can no longer log in to my site, the license should no longer be valid.

my account on datingscript.com no longer exists.

I can no longer administer my site. no help or answer from support for 3 days :-(

Why would your license not be valid, they don't have a expiration date.

#20 2020-02-20 08:11:45

hamjo

I dont know! I do not get an answer! my account at Datingscript.com was also deleted without information :-(

#21 2020-02-20 08:21:35

hamjo

Ticket 603072

#22 2020-02-20 08:50:34

user1

Anyone following this thread may be interested in this post I just made https://www.datingscript.com/forum/view … hp?id=3855

#23 2020-02-20 09:38:57

jackal

rdog wrote:

It's what Vlad said, I had a problem once right after a update, where it had a issue with my IP, but was resolved quickly, if it was something that was being checked every five days all my sites would of when down at the same time, which didn't happen.

Now that I think about maybe it was actually during an update when my site was blocked by DS server as well. So it would make sense with what Vlad said and what happened to you.

#24 2020-02-21 17:36:58

hamjo

I finally got an answer today, but the problem has not yet been solved.

i still can't manage my site

#25 2020-02-23 10:33:29

hamjo

Hello friends, now I can log in again, now I see that my license has been canceled. I do not know why! Unfortunately I haven't received any help for almost a week. My site is not administrable.

Cancelled.md.jpg

Board footer